No.1 - Costin's Theatre Excursions - Skin Flick

Monday, October 18, 2010

Hi, I'm Costin Manu, the Programming Manager for the Rose Theatre Brampton.  Starting today, I will be contributing an entry here each Monday discussing all things “show-business”. My goal is to offer a glimpse into what I have been seeing and doing in this “business” and tell you what I was impressed with and talk about things of note in live performance that might also be interesting to you, our patrons.


I get to see a lot of performances every week, taking in many different genres. Last Friday I attended the premiere of another Norm Foster comedy gem, the “naughty and affectionate comedy” SKIN FLICK at Theatre Orangeville. This was another hit for Canada’s most prolific and most successful playwright and it was also a pleasure to see Norm again actually acting in one of his own plays. I must add that he keeps finding more original subjects and funny ways of relating and moving forward a story and I can tell you that he is a very accomplished actor in his own right with terrific comedic timing. It was also great to see the Artistic Director of Theatre Orangeville, David Nairn, acting in the play as well.  He is another accomplished, veteran performer and delivers comedic gems. Jamie Williams, Maria Dinn, and Susan Greenfield round out this terrific cast and they bring on the laughs non-stop.

A great play and a great evening out and the type of entertainment we will also continue to bring to The Rose in the near future. This hilarious comedy runs until October 31.

Costin with Norm Foster (left) at Skin Flick opening night party.

You Might Also Like

0 comments