Look what I found!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Recently I was sent on assignment to our Orenda Road "office". Everyone has always referred to it with a smirk accompanying the word "office". (If we were having this chat in person over coffee you would be annoyed with me by now for my over-use of air quotes, justifiably). Although I've been working here for more than 3 years, I haven't had cause to venture over there so I didn't get it. Now I understand. More accurately, the Orenda "office" is like one part club house, with a huge woodworking shop, a rehearsal space, storage facility and I guess there are some desks in there somewhere.

I was actually there to photograph the first read-through of 12 Angry Men (more to come on that soon) and I just couldn't help but wander around. I felt a little bit like Alice down the rabbit hole! Here is a peek at some of the fun things I found on my visit:

Gorgeous detail on this antique register. They don't make them like that anymore!

Signs from shows of seasons past.


An instant apothecary at your service, complete with eye of newt.

A phone from every decade

.... and, last but not least, what prop room would be complete without a Jackalope!

It was a great visit and it was so fun to see the very first read through of the play that is set to open on July 5th in Studio Two.  You won't believe what the set designers have come up with to transform the studio into the jurors room. Stay tuned for a behind the scenes "making of" series this summer on the blog.
Signing off for now,
Sylvia

Programmer, Group Sales
Rose Theatre Brampton

All images copyright Sylvia Eng

You Might Also Like

0 comments