Inside the 10-11 Artist Minds -Part 1

Tuesday, January 25, 2011


Denise Fennell of
Late Nite Catechism


1. Who’s a regular on your I- Pod?
 Hmmm… wow, my I-Pod is so silly! It has everything from show tunes to Snoop Dog …. I love him! It has lots of 80's -  oh, and Barry Manilow; I  love him too : )

2. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Hmmm... hands down it would be Little Orphan Annie.  LOL.  Not quite sure if it was a crush, but maybe more of an obsession.  I spent my teen years watching the movie Annie wishing and dreaming that instead of Andrea McArdle it was me dancing up Daddy Warbuck's stairs in my red dress and a little pair of  black Mary Jane's.  Oh and let’s not forget the Annie dress I made my mom sew for me  because I was a rather large child and did not fit in the Annie Costumes they sold.  Not to mention, I'm Italian and very hairy and was not allowed to shave until the age of 14!  So there I was - a little round, hairy legged Annie in my red dress and my orange clown wig and unibrow.  Oh no, it gets worse! It was the year they were having the open call for Annie's too!  Of course I went; I was delusional. I thought I actually could be Annie : ) Did I mention that I cannot sing a lick?  Needless to say, the sun did not come out that day : ) My god, did I really just tell you that I had a crush on Annie (still lol..)? You know I met Andrea Mcardle one day in NYC. I was performing as Tina in the off- Broadway show Tony n Tina's Wedding and she was performing as Belle in Beauty and the Beast. I guess word traveled to her that she was my idol because one day I was all dressed up in my pretty wedding dress and she paid me a visit. She said, "Hi Tina," and I said "Leaping Lizards you’re Annie!" God, that was a great moment. 

3. What video do you find yourself watching over and over on YouTube? 
The Farting Preacher.  I worked at the Culture Club in New York City for years. It was this really fun 80's theme dance club and the manager ,my friend Najib, and I would watch this video and laugh so hard ...  It was sooo silly and foolish but it would make us laugh, really laugh, like tears of laughter.  Such fun memories.  Hi Najib : )

You Might Also Like

0 comments