Inside the 10-11 Artist Minds - Part 6

Monday, March 28, 2011

Leisa Way stars in Rhinestone Cowgirl: A Tribute to Dolly Parton, April 20 at the Rose Theatre Brampton!

1. Who's a regular on your I-POD?
Believe it or not, I don't have an I-Pod!! I still listen to cd's in my car - but at home the itunes on my computer has over 5,000 songs in it -- I listen to music all day long and my hubby and I like to wind down after a long day by listening to our fav jazz singers like Wesla Whitfield, Jane Monheit, Emilie Claire Barlow, Diane Reeves and Nancy LaMott. And a biggie is Peggy Lee - I'm doing a tribute to her next.

My fav CANADIAN artists on my itunes: Emilie Claire Barlow (jazz); Sarah McLaughlin; Reid Jamieson (folk/rock); Carol Welshman (jazz); Johnny Reid (country-rock); Bryan Adams (his acoustic album is fabulous!); Amanda Martinez (amazing latin music); k.d. lang (her new album with Hallelujah is a fav); Louise Pitre (that voice!!)

2. What's in your fridge?
There is always a great variety of cheeses in my fridge - I think it's the one food in life that I couldn't do without. I'd give up chocolate in a heartbeat before I'd give up cheese. For staples? Minced garlic and red chili paste - you can spice up any meal with these two things!


3. Who was your celebrity crush when you were young?
My LIFELONG crush has been the same celebrity from the time I was old enough to have a crush until present day (which drives my husband crazy). When I was 10 I saw the 1976 remake of A Star is Born with Kris Kristofferson and Barbra Streisand, and I have been 'in love' with Kristofferson ever since! I had always loved his music - he is such a poet and was a real protest singer, having been in the Vietnam war. He is a Rhodes Scholar and his use of language "he's a walking contradiction, partly truth, and partly fiction" spoke to me from a very young age. My husband jokes that even at the age of 74, if Kris Kristofferson walked into the room, I would forget my hubby's name and existence. I don't deny it :)

4. What video do you find yourself watching over and over again on YouTube?
My 13 year old nephew came to see our concert last year and said to me, "I can't believe you sing Jack White's song!!". Of course he was referring to Dolly Parton's song, JOLENE, which he'd never heard before and now Jack White has made it a hit for a whole new generation. A great version of an old classic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YxGsX9bRfY

You Might Also Like

1 comments