Art of Time Ensemble with Steven Page was brilliant!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hi everyone,

Were you at this concert last night?  I sincerely hope you were because I have to say... and I hope this isn't unfair of me because we do bring a lot of really fantastic entertainment to the Rose... but this was far and away my favourite concert this year!  WOW, the Art of Time Ensemble are doing something really great.  The arrangments are beyond fresh.  I particularly loved the moment in "A singer must die" when the instruments break into on all these crazy crunchy chords and I felt my insides spinning with excitement.... in a word - thrilling.  Not only are the arrangments awesome but overall I thought Steven Page's song selection was inspired.  Quirky, fascinating, and fantastic!  If you missed it at the Rose, they are still touring and I have to highly recommend that you go find them somewhere, anywhere.  If you were there too please send me your thoughts, I do hope you loved it as much as I did.  Here I am with Andrew Burashko (Artistic Director of Art of Time Ensemble) and Steven Page after the show.

Wow, what a great night!

Hope to see you at the Rose soon.  The touring Broadway production of The Wedding Singer is this weekend... sure to be a hoot!  Oh and ladies, or guys if you're feeling particularly brave lol, be sure to come wearing your worst bridesmaid dress! Prizes to be had... and who doesn't love to win prizes!

Talk soon,
Genny

You Might Also Like

0 comments