Behind the Scenes With Centre Stage Finalists!

Friday, April 23, 2010

We asked some of our finalists to help us get to know them better.  Here's what they said...

Nicole Ramos

What is your first performance memory?
My school talent show in 2007. I was in grade 3 and sang "part of your world" from the little mermaid, I was wearing white pants and a white shirt decorated with paper fishes my sister made.

Do you get stage fright?
I don't get nervous when I perform. I'm always excited.

What are your long term goals with regards to performing?
I have always wanted to become a singer and someday I will join Canadian Idol.

How does it feel to be chosen to perform on the Rose stage?
It's an honor to be chosen out of so many people. I always hear many great things about the Rose Theater and I am really excited that I will finally get to sing there.

Jurrene Liburd
Do you sing in the shower?
Yes, all the time.

What song/band is in constant rotation on your IPod right now?
Uhm, The truth by India Irea

Who is your biggest inspiration/idol and why?
My Biggest inspiration is my mother, she has been dancing for over 13 years and I'm amazed by her talent, and how dedicated she is, how much she practices. Not only by that but he character, she is a strong-willed determined woman who is very intelligent and successful, I hope to be like her someday.

Erica DaCuhna
Who is your biggest inspiration/idol and why?
My inspirations are all the kids that I have seen ill over the years at Sick Kids Hospital. They are so sick yet they can still smile, laugh and be the most positive people out there.

How does it feel to be chosen to perform on the Rose stage?
It feels amazing, exciting, a weeeeeeee bit nerve wracking, but overall I feel ready for some fun!
 What's next for you?
After the show I am auditioning for the tv show, The Next Star and a talent competition called Rising Star. I will also be in the Brampton Theatre Schools production of Beauty and The Beast, which will be showing at Lester.B. Pearson Theater on June 24th to the 26th.

Sabrina Gomes

What is your first performance memory?
First performance was at a talent show at St. Isaac Jogues Catholic School.


How does it feel to be chosen to perform on the Rose stage?
It feels like the beginning of an opportunity to move forward with my goals.

Who is your biggest inspiration/idol and why?
Taylor Swift. It's amazing to see such a young lady achieve so much.


What are you doing after the show?
Signing Autographs!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............Ha! Ha! Ha!!!!!! LOL

Want to see more of Brampton's brightest and best young talent?  Don't miss the Centre Stage performance on Friday, April 28 at 7:00 pm.  Tickets are only $10 and avaialble at the Rose Theatre Box Office.  See you there!

You Might Also Like

0 comments