Worst Date Ever

Thursday, February 09, 2012


Two of the cast from Second City's iLove, which takes the Rose Theatre stage on Friday, share their personal worst date stories ... 
 


Sean Tabares

Sean Tabares

One bad date was, of course, a first date. We met and went out for Ethiopian food, but each ate so much we felt ill and called it a night.

But my worst date ever? Easy. The restaurant we were looking forward to was closed for a function, so we went to an earlier movie. Disappointing film. Then we spent the night tracking down and retrieving her towed car. Also, no kiss....


Stacey McGunnigle
My worst date would have to be from good ol' highschool. My date arrived over an hour late, smelled of cheap cologne, and insisted we listen to the loudest punk music all the way to the restaurant. Before we headed to dinner (at the ever popular Jack Astors) he explained to me that we needed to go to the Mandarin to "hang out with his buddies". I ended up spending the night sitting at a table adjacent to his friends (because there wasn't enough room for me) watching everyone else have a good time. The movie he said "I would love" was about aliens, and guns with a strong apocalyptic theme; a far cry from the love and romance I was looking for. When he dropped me off he walked me to my door and just as I thought I was about to get my first kiss he leaned in and said "Well you're home and I am going to meet the guys...bye!".

You Might Also Like

0 comments